Assessing the decadal features of rainfall and drought occurrence in Punjab
Keywords:Rainfall trend, Rainfall, Rainy days, Probability, Drought, Moving average
An analysis was carried out to study the rainfall variability and its probability for different categories of rainfall events (2.5-25, 25-50, 50-75, 75-100 and >100 mm) in Punjab during the period (1971-2011). The rainfall showed decreasing trend in Ludhiana, Roop Nagar, Hoshiarpur and Ferozpur representing different agroclimatic zones of the state. The probability of rainfall at different level of significance (90, 75, 50, 25, 10%) was computed and it was found that the highest probability rainfall was observed at 10% level and lowest rainfall probability was observed at 90% level of confidence. The study of drought indicated that the frequencies of drought were reported 4 times in Faridkot, 4 times in Mukatsar, 3 times in Ludhiana, 3 times in Sangrur and 3 times in Moga.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 MAUSAM
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
All articles published by MAUSAM are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. This permits anyone.
Anyone is free:
- To Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- To Remix - to adapt the work.
Under the following conditions:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even